We have taken measures to preserve and, whenever possible, to improve our environment. Some of these measures are:
- Obtaining hot water by using solar energy.
- We installed a solar panel that is helping us to save electric energy. In the near future, we are planning to increase the number of these panels and to add further batteries thus increasing their output.
- Wherever possible, we use light bulbs designed for low consumption, although we always ensure adequate lighting in all areas.
- We use detergents and other cleaning products that are biodegradable and ecological.
- We separate our rubbish according to the available options in our area (organic, tins and plastic, glass and paper).
- We always try to maintain the countryside as naturally as possible, avoiding unnecessary cultivation, asphalt and concrete.
Water is scarce in our area, and therefore one of our main concerns. To avoid unnecessary consumption, we have taken the following measures:
- A small swimming pool that we like to call our "alberca". It is sufficiently large enough (7.50m x 3.50m) to refresh and to swim a few strokes.
- All of our bathrooms are equipped with showers.
- For watering our trees and bushes, we utilize a water-saving irrigation system.
- The trees, our vegetable garden and all the plants in general are treated with products that are eco-friendly.
- We cultivate all our plants organically, without the use of pesticides, so that in springtime, normally starting at the end of February, our finca and its houses are surrounded by beautiful flowers and wild plants.
The majority of these measures relate to the Cortijo Lagar de Luisa.
- The brook that borders the finca carries water from autumn until springtime. At that time, the area abounds with various species of birds that build their nests in the trees and in the cane thickets on the riverbank. The fascinating songs of the nightingales during the breeding season lasts throughout the night.
- · In our organic garden, we provide fresh and tasty produce during a great part of the year. Of course, our guests have the opportunity to pick the produce for their own use every day.
- · In the winter, our orange trees provide sufficient fruits for our guests to enjoy fresh juice every morning.
Tlf. 0034 95 2030814